Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Plight of the Darcy Brothers



The Plight of the Darcy Brothers

by Marsha Altman


Brother… a foreign word for Darcy when he thinks of it. He had only one sister. And his mother did when his sister was born. So any notion of more siblings was just ludicrous, for his father surely was always a faithful husband to Darcy’s mother. But all facts seam to lead in the other direction, when Mr. Darcy indeed discovers a brother in the demolished land of France. But before finding his brother Mr. and Mrs. Darcy where traveling abroad for a reason. So what truly did bring them to France? And what does Elizabeth’s younger sister, Mary, have to do with there travels? Throw in Mr. Wickham’s wana-be-comeback, and you’re going to get one exciting new adventure, taking you to foreign places with the Binglesy’s and the Darcy’s. Lizzy thought has news that will change every ones life for run, especially Darcy’s.

My View

Wow. When I first read this book I will admit that I did lack around and took no interest, but I kept on reading. When I was finished with the book I couldn’t believe that I wasn’t in love with the book when I first started reading. We get to see a deeper and very different side of all of our beloved characters from Pride and Prejudice, as well as a new character. Mr. Darcy’s ‘new’ brother is a very interesting character at that. A monk from post war France is a much different type of breed than what Darcy and Lizzy are used to, the main one being that he is a very zealot religious monk, whom will heed nothing Darcy says. But I’m many ways they are a like… I give this book a high B++ and rate it for all age, though sex is mentioned very briefly. I recommend this book to any one who has read pride and prejudice and loved. As we all have!

No comments:

Post a Comment